The Rings of Twelve WebSite

andrewmbull <a.bull@s...> a.bull at s...
Tue Dec 10 13:27:50 GMT 2002

Congratulations, Michael, on the upgrades to what was already a most
excellent site. I must get around to collating the details and photos
that I have to fill in some of the remaining gaps.
One gap that someone on the list may be able to help with is
Newcastle under Lyme - weights of the back 8. You say that they were
retuned by Gilletts in 1928. Some years ago I asked Alan Buswell to
check the G & J records, and all he could find was the two 1928
trebles to ten. I have an uneasy feeling that the back eight might
not have been retuned until the 1953 rehanging, in which case I fear
that the details will be in the final G & J tuning book which has
tragically been lost.

Andrew Bull

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Michael Wilby