[Bell Historians] Re: One-bell towers

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at s...
Wed Dec 11 18:31:36 GMT 2002

Have you confused the Cathedral with the Municipal Buildings? "Great
George" in the Cathedral isn't hung dead (though it doesn't swing
full circle, either). Dove (1988) reports that the clock chime in
the Municipal Buildings has the four quarter bells hung for ringing
but the hour bell "for chiming only"; whether that means "dead" or
"for swing-chiming" I do not know.