[Bell Historians] Peal Boards

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Thu Dec 19 12:00:44 GMT 2002

DJB:

>> Is there any provision for listing 'ringing relics' in addition to
>> parts of bell installations? I'm thinking here particularly of peal
>> boards, having seen the fine collection in Norwich churches over the
>> last couple of days.

Valerie Payne of Norwood Green has photographed all the peal boards in
towers within the Middlesex Association. She has written a list of all
ringers involved, and is used for family research. She charges a small
amount to search the list if anyone is doing their family history.

I'm sure she is glad that the Association's area doesn't cover St Mary le
Tower in Ipswich!

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section,
University College London, London, WC1E 6BT.