Re-usable stays

fartwell2000 fartwell2000 at y...
Wed Feb 27 23:44:21 GMT 2002

I have seen postings in another group about stays which are hinged on
one side and have a wooden dowel passing through so that when the
stay gets banged,the dowel breaks and to re use the stay another
dowel is knocked in.
I seem to recall years ago that the fourth at Burnley had an
alluminium stay on a similar principle,but the dowel was infact a
steel pin-and was very effective-strong enough to recieve an average
clout,but when banged really hard,the steel pin breaks.
Alan