[Bell Historians] Converting frequencies to notes

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Fri Jul 12 13:20:29 BST 2002

> I have recently put together a very simple Excel spreadsheet ...

This is interesting, but it only gives the 12 chromatic pitches rather than
the 21. I would be much more interested to see a definitive list of all 21
pitches. I must admit that I haven't tried trawling the web for one yet.

And while many people might say "But C sharp is the same as D flat", clearly
some rings of bells are described as one and not the other (e.g. Cripplegate
is D flat). There may be 12 pitches on a piano, but there are 21 on a
violin.

I'd be interested in views.

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.