Converting frequencies to notes

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Fri Jul 12 14:46:47 BST 2002

Dickon:

> I wonder what grid today's foundries use. I guess that
> they work on a standard 13 note chromatic scale, similar
> to that used by Bill. Is Andrew Higson on this list?

Andrew isn't (I don't think) but the programming work I was doing was
requested by Andrew . . . he uses equal for this - he has to, what
other standard could be applied unambiguously? I was at the foundry
on Wednesday discussing this and other matters with him.

I seem to have put the cat among the pigeons with that little
spreadsheet, which wasn't the intention at all, I just (no pun
intended!) thought it might be useful.

Byeee!

Bill H