[Bell Historians] Oldham

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Thu Mar 7 13:26:25 GMT 2002

There are no trapdoors in the tower - the bells came in and out through the louvres. When the flat 6th went in one louvre window had the stone mullions replaced with a wooden removeable section. Even so, removing framesides would not be much fun without scaffolding! (not that I think it's fun anyway...).
MPAW.
David Bryant <djb122 at y...> wrote: I'd heard it was the 4th's frame side - David Potter was asked to
advise. If it can be plated that's probably the best solution, and if it
can be done in the tower even better! I should think getting a new one
in would not be too easy.

David

Kelly Barnes wrote:

> The bells at Oldham are currently unringable due to the A-frame
> between 5
> and 6 (???) cracking. We hope that this situation will be rectified
> as soon
> as possible. Luckily the church authorities seem keen to get them
> ringing
> again even with the lack of a band.
>
> Kelly

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT