Historical list of peals and founders

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Tue Mar 26 13:03:53 GMT 2002

I originally posted a message on this yesterday, but it seems to have
disappeared.

I currently store all my bell details, tuning info etc. in a huge
spreadsheet. I am developing an Access database to replace this, I
chose to go relational because I wanted to deal with:
* more than one peal in the same tower
* bells which have been part of more than one peal
* bells for which I have multiple sets of information - before and
after tuning, taken by different methods etc.
I am able to represent this easily in a spreadsheet but at the
expense of volumes of repeated data.

Someone asked if anyone on the list had database experience. I would
say, based on using their websites, that Dickon and Mike Wilby seem
to know what they are talking about. . .

I would offer to publish my table structures but I am still
developing them. If others are prepared to publish I would be very to
see this, for obvious reasons.

Bill H