Steel Bells

mikechester_uk mike at m...
Wed Mar 27 14:53:21 GMT 2002

I agree totally - an odity they are! It is a similar argument
regarding recasting rings of "interesting tonal attributes", when
some say "Not another Simpson Tuned Ring of Bells" - Would you like
to ring at Ullenhall or Crowle every week?? (Unfortunately neither
are to be recast, though I hear through the grapevine that something
has gone wrong at Crowle).

However, what would our response be if English Heritage got involved
and said a church must keep their steel bells in situ for historical
reasons?

Mike