Steel Bells

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Wed Mar 27 15:08:43 GMT 2002

Some steel bells are not *that* bad - Thornborough for example. There are
plenty of bronze rings that are worse. Bassaleg weren't too bad either.
Waddeston even (I believe, someone might correct me) had some tuning done on
them (I rang in the first peal on them after the rehang).

At Moseley, the locals (ringers and congregation) seem quite proud of their
bells; they love to cringe at them.

I would be sorry to see all the steel rings disappear as they provide some
colour to ringing outings.

Now what *would* be interesting is if someone produced some modern steel
bells. They might have had something going for them for so many to be cast.
Also, it would be interesting to monitor the deterioration of steel bells
over time in terms of their sound.

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.