[Bell Historians] Clinton Meneely and bell acoustics

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Thu May 2 10:37:24 BST 2002

And this in itself smacks of some of the more modern day rants we here from
e.g. Jim Phillips ... "the tuning of bells has become worse since foundries
stopped using forks ... forks are the only way to properly tune bells". He
then goes on to talk about SG clappers!

DrL

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pickford [mailto:c.j.pickford at t...]
Sent: 01 May 2002 18:35
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Clinton Meneely and bell acoustics

Good stuff this! It reminds me of the letter written by Thomas Bond, the
Burford bellfounder, to the Ringing World in 1926 (p.360). On tuning, Bond
wrote "I believe the whole system [the five-toned principle] is a farce and
nonsense, and I believe the best results are had, only, from practical
experience on the part of the bell founder"

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.