Meneelys and Taylors

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Thu May 2 23:12:15 BST 2002

Dan Meneely came back straight away with permission to 'reprint' his
grandfather's speech, and it is now up on my site:
www.hibberts.co.uk/meneely.htm. I got details of the various chimes
mentioned from the GCNA site.

For David Cawley: I borrowed a couple of paragraphs from your recent
posting, I hope that's OK.

For all: I have just been provided with a copy of a brief history of
Taylors, produced for their 200th anniversary in 1959. Andrew Higson
seemed not to know about it when I asked him. It has some pointers to
the relationship between Taylors and Simpson, I will get it on the
web as soon as I can scan it.

Bill H