[Bell Historians] Re: Hello everyone

Dickon Love DrLove at s...
Wed Nov 27 14:14:18 GMT 2002

--- In bellhistorians at y..., "Chris Pickford" <c.j.pickford at t...>
wrote:

> To continue in the not altogether serious vein, would anyone like
to make any suggestions regarding the worst - i.e. least accurate,
most flawed or completely futile in concept - bell publication ever
produced?

Hmm ... let me think ... "Bells, Steeples, Ringers and Drinkers of
Coventry" ... Hmm ... maybe not ... "Bellframes for all" ... that was
pretty good bedtime reading, so can't be that ... "Lincoln's
Lovelies" ... Hmm ... but the Queen quite enjoyed that book, so it
can't be that ... probably Church Bells of London ... although at
least the concept is good in that one ... "Guide to Safe Carillon
Maintenance" by the Evangelical Guild ... doesn't quite sit right.

Perhaps if I said "Mad as Fish", would I be close?

DrL