Contents and layout of Doves Guide

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Tue Oct 1 20:29:53 BST 2002

Does anyone know why the basic layout and contents of Doves Guide
were butchered?
Previous editions were compact(compared to the latest edition) and
quite well presented, and in MY OPINION of more general interest to
ringers as a whole.
I have to admit that one of my first thoughts about the latest copy
was why had it changed so much?
Poor old Ron Dove had gone to a tremendous amount of effort to
collect the origonal database of information on CHIMES and RINGS and
yes there were mistakes in every edition,but with such a large
collection of information it must be hard to get everything right,and
we are all human.
I was dissapointed to see the chopping of the chimes section-what
prompted its axing?
Will we see the guide reverting back to its popular previous style or
not?
It is surprising how many ringers think the latest Dove is not as
good as previous editions.
Alan