Re (2): [Bell Historians] Ullenhall (was Dove inexactitudes)

Mike Chester mike at m...
Wed Oct 9 15:06:34 BST 2002

> What is wrong with anticlockwise? I know some very fine
anticlockwise rings!

> DrL

So do I. Ullenhall isn't one of them! It is a definite challenger
to Crowle; these being big and nasty instead of Ullenhall's small and
nasty!

Leading on from what started this thread, with a few exceptions, e.g.
Hoo St Werburgh, there has not been an anticlockwise ring installed
for a few generations. It is therefore "likely", but by no means
certain, that an anticlockwise ring will be in poorer condition that
a clockwise one.

Mike

PS I am sad enough to have rung a peal at both Ullenhall and Crowle!