[Bell Historians] Bryanston.

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Thu Oct 10 12:08:36 BST 2002

In a message dated 10/10/2002 12:01:15 GMT Daylight Time, djb122 at y...
writes:

> Talking of augmented Warner sixes, I seem to remember that the six
> augmented to eight by Whitechapel (E&S rehang) at Norton-sub-Hamdon in
> Somerset sounded quite good outside, although the internal accoustics
> were appalling.

I quite agree! I took the bells out for E&S and started to rehang them before
I had to undertake one of my own projects. The project was completed by
another E&S bellhanger. During the removal, we removed over 200 rubbish sacks
of sawdust - some had swolen up with water & we had to do a liposuction
teqnique to get them out!! Great fun - I should be a plastic surgeon!!! They
were intending to replace the sawdust with another floor and do additional
work to box in the clock weight wires etc. This never happened and following
the test ring, the sawdust was replaced. All in all, I find them a
disappointing eight.