This week's questions

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Mon Oct 14 12:56:00 BST 2002

Yes, it's me again with some more questions!

1) What is the earliest known example of a bell's inscription being
reproduced in facsimile during recasting - Gloucester 11th? If so,
where's the first the right way round?

2) Where is the earliest bellframe containing a ring of bells, and if
different where is the earliest frame containing bells which are
ringable.

3) where are the earliest bell fittings still in regular use as part of
a ring.

I'm not sure how you should define a ring in these cases, but I suppose
it should be a miniuum of three bells hung for full-circle ringing.