[Bell Historians] Glastonbury St John ex-7/8

DJ Bryant djb122 at y...
Wed Apr 2 21:23:50 BST 2003

"All these bells are (or were) good castings and well shaped. They
certainly bear no resemblance to what Taylors were doing in the early
1870s, and frankly they are superior to bells being turned out by any of
the mainstream foundries at that time. I have wondered about a founder
in Bristol or Bridgwater (earlier bells cast there also had radial
canons). But whoever he was, he was content to put other firms' names on
his bells rather than his own. All very mysterious."

But as I recall L&J did get some of their bells from Taylor's during
this period - those mentioned in the Taylor records. Aren't the ring of
five at Luxborough bells which bear L&J's name but which were actually
cast by Taylor's?