[Bell Historians] Glastonbury St John ex-7/8

jameshedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Thu Apr 3 19:11:03 BST 2003

---

Re 'heavy weight casting'
I have heard it said that Gillett & Johnston did not have the furnace
capacity to cast their big bells e.g. Riverside and Chicago
University carillons. I was told that they were cast by a firm that
produced ships' propellers. Any info. out there?