[Bell Historians] Hunslet

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Dec 9 21:59:00 GMT 2003

CJP wrote:

"I'm not under any illusions as to their tonal quality by modern standards,
but I think they deserve better than being swept away for a lighter peal.
Variety is important, and Hunslet are a better-than-average example of a
mid-Victorian ring of their type - and by no means difficult to ring. "

One plan when it was intended to replace them was to tune them as the middle
eight of ten at Boston Spa, where the Victorian church has a large tower
containing a bell of about 26 cwt, which would have been the tenor. I've
never been up there, but I believe the bell is by Warner's.