Fw: Halifax

david at b... david at b...
Wed Dec 10 15:42:03 GMT 2003

Reply to my email to the Halifax ringers' webmaster - thought it might be of interest.
David
> Message date : Dec 10 2003, 01:42 PM
> From : halifax_bells
> To : David Bryant
> Copy to :
> Subject : Re: your website
>
> Dear David,
> You are correct that the bells were cast in 1951 and installed in 52. However, Taylors sources suggest that they certainly cast some of our bells (most likely the heavier ones), to Gillett profiles. The bells were rehung in1992, as Gillett's original job was not one of their best, though the bells themselves are something to be proud of. They were fitted with new clappers and headstocks, some with new wheels and all with new bearings.
> In 2002, the clappers were all rebushed by Hayward Mills, with some pulley blocks being replaced.
> James Holdsworth.
> P.s. I like your 'bells of York' site .

St. John's Halifax Guild of Change Ringers
Captain: Margaret Perrot
Deputy: John Bryant
Secretary: Susan King
Tower Keeper: Neil Murray
Record Keeper: Pat Knight
Webmaster: James Holdsworth
http://james.holdsworth.co.uk/bellringing
halifax_bells at y...

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime