North American chime history

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at s...
Sat Dec 20 06:18:38 GMT 2003

Fellow bell historians,

Important historical material related to the bellfoundry of George L.
Hanks of Cincinnati has been discovered by a Hanks genealogist who
has been working with me. That material enables me to make some
stronger assertions about the very early history of chime
manufacturing in America. As a result, you can find new and revised
pages on the GCNA Website as follows:

New index for Hanks/Niles bellfoundry:
http://www.gcna.org/data/IXfoundryHanksNiles.html

New page on genealogy of all of the Hanks bellfounders:
http://www.gcna.org/data/HanksGen.html

Revised page on milestones in American chime history:
http://www.gcna.org/data/MstonesNASM.html

New page about an early list of chimes in America:
http://www.gcna.org/data/EarlyChimeList.html

As usual, I welcome questions and comments about these (or indeed
any) pages in the /data/ section of the GCNA Website.

--
=Carl Scott Zimmerman= Co-Webmaster: http://www.gcna.org/
Voicemail: +1-314-821-8437 (home) mailto:csz_stl at s...