Steel bells

Simon Farrar simon at m...
Mon Feb 3 14:55:10 GMT 2003

>Those who 'appreciate' steel bells might like to know that the (in)famous
>large steel bell which went to San Francisco wouls appear to survive.

You can see the church as you drive on the freeway towards the Bay Bridge
(not the Golden Gate), I did wonder if one of the towers could have taken
the ring of bells desperately needed in that part of the world. Hopefully
the proposed ring in Saratoga will happen.

There is a Taylors bell hung in an open frame outside the church I
attended, just across the road from where I lived. Trinity Episcopal
Church in Menlo Park. Rather short sightedly I never took a picture of it
or noted down the date, but I do remember concluding the bell must have
been cast for the church.

Simon