[Bell Historians] G&J - and Port Sunlight - again

Mike Chester <mike@m...> mike at m...
Tue Feb 4 13:56:25 GMT 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mark Humphreys"
<mark.humphreys at b...> wrote:
> Sorry for crappy HTML, but here are the tuning stats of PS:

As a non-expert in this field, (and in many others!), these figures
do not mean a huge amount to me. I think that doubling the
frequency raises a note by exactly an octave. My maths tells me that
the treble is 11cps more than twice the frequency of the tenor in
terms of the Hum. In layperson's terms please, is this significant?
Could it be detected by the average ringer?

Mike