[Bell Historians] Llewellins & James Bells

David Cawley dave at d...
Tue Feb 4 20:46:26 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

This is no help whatever, but for what its worth, West Buckland does not ap=
pear in Llewellins & James 1889 catalogue, nor in Taylors of 1894, nor in W=
hitechapel of the same period, nor in Warners of 1911 - which proves nothin=
g of course. Good hunting !! DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: Bell Historians=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 6:00 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Llewellins & James Bells

While researching the history of the bells at West Buckland in Somerset,
I came across a note in the manuscript of Walters' Somerset stating that
the treble of five had been recast by L&J in 1887. I've found no other
reference to this, and the bell was certainly recast when the bells were
augmented to six in 1902. Does anyone have any evidence as to whether or
not this statement by Walters is correct?

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20