[Bell Historians] Use of bells in musical performances

Michael Childs mtchilds at y...
Sun Feb 9 13:55:09 GMT 2003

David,

I believe the bell Taylors cast for the AC DC Hells
Bells world tour was damaged whilst being transported
and was either scrapped or melted down.

Michael

--- David Bryant <djb122 at y...> wrote: > The
March issue of the Classic FM magazine has (on
> p.90) an article on
> bells. As would be expected, this is primarily
> concerned with their use in
> musical performances. It does briefly mention change
> ringing, but not with
> any great accuracy.
>
> It does point out that the use of bells in musical
> performances is limited
> because of the difficulties in transporting them.
> Don't I remember reading
> somewhere that the tenor from St Magnus the Martyr
> in London was used in a
> performance of the 1812 before being broken up?
>
> At the other end of the musical spectrum, Taylor's
> cast a bell for the rock
> group AC DC, weighing about a ton I believe. Does
> anyone know whether this
> still exists?
>
> David
>

> This message was sent to you via the Bell
> Historians' Mailing List. To unsubscribe from the
> list send an email to
> bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

=====
<P><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>Michael Childs </FONT></P>
<P><A href="mailto:mtchilds at y..."><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>mtchilds at y...</FONT></A></P>