[Bell Historians] Re: Christ Church Oldbury, West Mids

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Mon Feb 24 10:29:26 GMT 2003

They've been rung much more recently than that, though
not in my time in Birmingham. Tony Daw rang on them
in the 80s - they were quite rough, but not
unringable. I understand the reason they're
"unringable" now is that the church was reordered
(partially converted into office accommodation) and a
heating system or something installed in the ringing
room. Apparently there is nowhere to ring them from
now.

Stan Mason learnt to ring there.

M.

--- "Mike Chester <mike at m...>"
<mike at m...> wrote:
---------------------------------
--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Simon Adams"
<simon at s...>
wrote:
> Does anyone know when Oldury were last rung ?
>
> Simon Adams

Ian Thompson told me he had lost a peal on them.
Anyway, the last
peal on the bells was on 26/6/54 - suggesting problems
soon
afterwards of some kind.

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians'
Mailing List. To unsubscribe from the list send an
email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com

Terms of Service.

=====