Lamberhurst Peal 1936

Hazel Basford hazel at b...
Wed Jan 1 17:45:46 GMT 2003

I have been asked about a peal rung at Lamberhurst on 6th October 1934. It
is listed by Felstead (and was of 2 Minor methods) but is not in the Kent
reports, so must have been rung for another society. Perhaps Sussex? My RW
collection does not go back that far. Is there any kind soul out there who
might be able to let me have the details?

A question associated with this peal is about the possible origin of Bastow
Little Court having been that this peal was rung for the wedding of a Miss
Bastow to a gentleman who lived at Court Lodge, Lamberhurst.

Happy New Year to all.

Hazel Basford
Kent County Association of Change Ringers
Hon. Librarian
hazel at b...
KCACR website
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/fwcml/homepage.htm