[Bell Historians] 20th Century Founders

Mike Chester <mike@m...> mike at m...
Fri Jan 10 10:28:06 GMT 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bagley" <bells at r...>
wrote:

> Richard Bowditch/Matthew Higby
>
> Arthur Jopp

Richard Bowditch/Matthew Higby were alive and still casting last time
I checked!

Did Arthur Jopp or Walter Dobbie actually cast bells that are hung
for ringing "in churches"? Also, I thought Walter was still alive
and could therefore, technically, still cast bells.

On another point, wasn't Walter in the young person's peal of Bob
Major in c.1934 that stood as a record for many years? Percy Stone,
the one in shorts in the well known picture of the band, rings at my
home tower and is still ringing peals. I hope to persuade him to
ring one towards the end of the year to celebrate 70 years since his
first peal. Not many ringers could claim to have done that!

Mike