[Bell Historians] 20th Century Founders

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Fri Jan 10 12:20:50 GMT 2003

> Did Walter Dobbie actually cast bells that are hung
> for ringing "in churches"?

The only ringing bells of Walter's left are in the Jubi-Peal, which is still
rung.

> Also, I thought Walter was still alive
> and could therefore, technically, still cast bells.

Yes, Walter is still alive, but hardly capable of casting anything at his
advanced age.

> On another point, wasn't Walter in the young person's peal of Bob
> Major in c.1934 that stood as a record for many years?

Not sure, but certainly possible. Walter was one of many Dobbies from
Sittingbourne in Kent.

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.