L&J

DAVIESM at G... DAVIESM at G...
Mon Jan 13 11:46:33 GMT 2003

Any coincidence that the L&J bells mentioned are all reasonably large ?
I used to live close to a top quality L&J chime at St Peters RC Roath Cardiff (24cwt Eb) - then 8 now augmented to 14 by Eyre and Smith. Its hard
to believe that the same founders are responsible for Thonaby on Tees (10cwt F#)

Martin

> Anyone out there an expert on L&J?

No, but my experience is that they cast two types of bell - the very good
and the very bad! The tenor at Pilton near Glastonbury (tuned by Whitechaple
a few years ago) is excellent, and the tenor at Martock is a fine old-style
bell. I gather the tenor at St Thomas, Bristol, is good too, although I've
not rung there. On the other hand, the 4th at West Hatch must be one of the
worst sounding bells I've ever encountered.

Regards

Martin

Martin Davies
Italik Limited

Phone : 01943 854000
Fax : 01943 854001
http://www.italik.co.uk

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for
the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you
must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us as soon as
possible.