Phillips on Yorkshire

the_mcwomble <cairngorm@m...> cairngorm at m...
Tue Jan 14 15:52:25 GMT 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "jim phillips" <jim at p...>
> >One of the rings he mentions in it has recently come under fire
> >on the Yorkshire Ringers' list, with one contributor being rather
> >less than complimentary about them.
>
> Since the Yorkshire Ringers list is restricted (what are they afraid
> of?)

Tell me why is the ASCY mailing list restricted - what are they afraid
of ??

I suspect that the Yorkshire list was purely intended as a "local"
association notice-board/group discussion forum and therefore
memberships were restricted as such - much like other Association
mailing lists.

As a NRLM YACR member I joined (having first been interrogated by the
listowner) to keep track of any pertinent notices such as obituaries
of old ringing colleagues (I sadly didn't find out about Jeff
Kershaw's funeral until too late).
I'm sure if you apply they'll let you join in the same way David
approves all memberships to this list.