[Bell Historians] Re: peal records

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Tue Jan 21 18:11:24 GMT 2003

Sorry - clicked 'send' before I meant to with the last reply!

> Chris Pickford wrote:

> Nobody seems to have mentioned the annual reports of Central Council
> meetings, in June-ish of each year in the RW. Never actually read a CC
> report in my life,

I'm sure they make good reading for an insomniac. Incidentally, what
possible purpose does the CC redundant bells committee serve? I see from
the new diary that it still exists. Surely it has been rendered entirely
redundant by the Keltek Trust.

> Now back to some serious trainspotting - the Warner list, maybe, or
> shall I do a really thorough job on Gillett headstock designs

How many different ones are there then? Box section and web section, and
those nasty heavy canon retainers which may or may not have holes so
that you can peer through at the canons (and which a number of towers
want to replace because they're so ringer-unfriendly). Are there any
other types?