Using tuning forks.

jim phillips jim at p...
Tue Jan 28 17:17:34 GMT 2003

Bill Hibbert wrote:-

"In every comparison I have done, of bells whose frequencies I've
measured electronically, against the original tuning records measured
with either with forks (typically a century ago), or with the modern
electronic methods used by the founders, I have found no difference
worth the mentioning."

Therefore what you are saying is that it should be possible, with modern
electronic aids, to routinely churn out octaves with the tonal quality of
Chewton Mendip and Jewry. This is simply not the case and it is obvious
that somewhere something has been lost. What is it?