[Bell Historians] Re: Hampstead (St Stephen)

David Cawley dave at d...
Fri Jan 31 19:05:41 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

The late W. A. Hughes always wrote of them as Pidgeons ! D =
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Hampstead (St Stephen)

David Cawley wrote:

> Immediately above, the bell chamber was open to the slated pyramid spir=
e;
the pigeons were not then in residence and the
> floor still intact. The frame was massive; I understand it is still
there. When the bells were removed by Taylor's, certain
> framesides and associated heads were cut away. All the bells hung on o=
ne
level with traditional Taylor fittings of 1872
> excepting that the gudgeons and bearings had been replaced by G&J.

Did they have canons?

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20