New topic (soundweld)

Mike Chester mike at m...
Wed Jul 2 16:01:22 BST 2003

> -3rd bell from St Laurence's Church, Meriden

I've had an email conversation with Soundweld. They gave an oral
quote for the work and this was not taken up. I assisted an
inspection of these bells last month and the crack is still there.
The tone of the bell has not been badly affected.

It is hoped that there will be ringing on them on July 19th for a
District Meeting. Probably the first ringing on the bells for c.10
years. They play a digital recording of part of a peal we rang on
them in the early 1900s to summon the faithfull!

Mike