Soundweld

john ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Thu Jul 3 11:17:27 BST 2003

The bell at Holy Trinity Bilsby Lincs is included in the list but I had no
idea that an approach had been made to Soundweld.

It was cast circa 1300 and in about 1969 Ranald Cloustan reported that the
clapper had never been turned and had struck the bell in the same place for
over 600 years! He warned that the bell was in danger of cracking but
nothing was done. Of course the inevitable happened. I would be
interested to know when the approach was made to Soundweld.