Bells of Ivinghoe, Bucks

Joanna Wheatland joanna.wheatland at v...
Wed Jul 23 16:37:11 BST 2003

charset="us-ascii"

Hi,
I'm new to the list, and wonder if there's anyone out there who can help
me.
I'm a ringer at Chippenham, Wilts, and am also interested in local
history.
On a history list of which I am a member there was a bell enquiry which
I'm passing on to you:

Corrall asks: "Does any one know anything of the history of John Warner
bell foundry?
The bells of Ivinghoe, St Mary the Virgin, Bucks were cast there in
1875.
I'm told that the original 5 bells were augmented to 6, and that some of
the bells were 'recycled and sent off to other churches'."

Corrall wants to know if she could find records about her church's bells
and where they were sent. Do records of John Warner's foundry still
exist?
Many thanks in advance for any information.

Joanna Wheatland