Burley in Wharfedale

Michael Childs mtchilds at y...
Sun Jun 8 21:43:57 BST 2003

George wrote

I have 2 references to Burley
> JT1870 26.75" 3.0.4 via Potts

I think this may refer to the clock bell at the Queens
Hall in the village.

> & the G&J reference Bell 5897 of 1937 22.375" 2.1.16
> in G

I have heard the bell, but that was ages ago and I
need to arrange an inspection. Next time you are up in
Yorkshire let me know. Apparently people have turned
up here to ring peals not realising there are two
Burleys in West Yorkshire!

I used to play Cricket at a ground near the church on
Sunday mornings and used to hear a tape of Redcliffe
coming from loud speakers in the tower.

Michael

=====
<P><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>Michael Childs </FONT></P>
<P><A href="mailto:mtchilds at y..."><FONT face="Arial Black" size=3>mtchilds at y...</FONT></A></P>