Request for help

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Mon Jun 23 20:16:43 BST 2003

Can anyone help this gentleman with his enquiry? I assume the
inscription expands to 'Fabrique par M. Laurent Brousse 1745'.

Bill H

===================

Dear Mr. Hibberts: Recently, our museum acquired a small bronze bell
with an interesting cast inscription. The bell was said to have been
excavated in Arkansas, near an 18th c. French settlement. The bell
has the following inscription cast in cercumference:
FPMLAVRENTBROVSSE1745. As stated, the inscription encircles the bell
rim. Can you recommend any scholars-in-the-field, who may be able to
help us decipher the inscription? Any help you may provide will be
greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

(Mr.) Swannee Bennett

Swannee Bennett