[Bell Historians] Curfew

David Cawley dave at d...
Thu Jun 26 14:14:44 BST 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

Of course. Ch. Ch.

But at least you can't say that the Bell Historians have been quiet this we=
ek (This week's comic, From the e-lists). Perhaps last week we were all in=
the pub waiting for the curfew to sound (or something).

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: John Camp=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Curfew

At 12:16 on 26 June 2003, LOVE, Dickon wrote:
> "And, of course, Great Tom of Christchurch, with its 101 strokes - a re=
al
> curfew in its time!"

> Which of course was the only bell that would kick John Camp out of a pu=
b at
> closing time!

What are you warbling on about, Dickon? Great Tom is rung at 9.05 pm
(9.00 pm Oxford time). Some way short of closing time, even when it
was 10 pm on Sundays.

And it's "Christ Church".

John Camp

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20