[Bell Historians] Taylor Headstocks

Mike Chester mike at m...
Fri Jun 27 12:23:37 BST 2003

> Don't know specifically why they were used, but I would guess it
was because they would be cheaper to make than cast iron stocks.

What made me curious was I noticed how close the holes for the bell
bolts and the clapper staple were together! Large amounts of nearby
metal missing! Any crowns fallen out due to this?

There is a little concern at a proposal to 8th turn a bell in the
Guild which has already been 8th turned. It might look like a huge
salt cellar!

Mike