Taylor Headstocks

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Mon Jun 30 10:56:08 BST 2003

Houston (mentioned by someone) definitely have bar headstocks. They
are Taylor 1971, from memory.

Through a freak accident, the headstock on the fifth had to be
replaced in the early 90's. A learner broke a stay, which had not
fallen clear when the bell came back over. The result was that the
bell was pushed sideways and the headstock broke through the clapper
bolt hole. There is nothing to lift from anywhere within reach, we
rehung the bell by building a timber tower up from the bottom of the
frame to support the bell while we put the new headstock on.

Bill H