[Bell Historians] American Bell Association Inc.

Willbutler at a... Willbutler at a...
Thu Mar 6 00:17:16 GMT 2003

I'm surprised no-one has replied to this query - or have I missed a reply?

The members of the American Bell Association are all very keen on the
collecting of bells. Bells of all types, from church bells to locomotive
bells, ships bells to cattle bells, harness bells to animal bells, and so on,
but most of them tend to collect small bells, bronze, china, glass, etc. Many
have massive collections running into thousands of pieces.

Six times a year they publish a well-produced publication of about fifty
pages called "The Bell Tower", which contains reports of chapter meetings
around the USA, advertisements for books and bells, reports on collections
and articles, etc. For instance, the last one contained an article on the
Swan Bells of Perth, another on Bells throughout History and a short piece on
some research into the conflicting dates on small Hemony bells..

One of the advertisements in this edition was for Brosamer's Bells, an A4
page with photos of bells for sale including a 23 bell chime, a number of
coffin bells from the 1840s, a dozen of so locomotive bells and several
church bells varying in weight from about a ton to five cwt.

Some English members are in the process of setting up a chapter in England at
this very moment.

WB