[Bell Historians] Llewellins and James

Alan Furse alfurse at h...
Wed May 7 15:35:15 BST 2003

I am interested in the fact that the East Ardsley L&J 8 are on the
preservation list but for some reason our L&J 8 at St. Michael's Teignmouth
are not. Ours were installed to mark the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria
in 1897 and are in 'as cast' condition. They are, however, in need of
re-hanging which is why we have launched the Teignmouth Bells Project to
raise the necessary money.. Apparently we were considered for the
preservation list but not included. Is there a mechanism for getting the
decision reviewed ?
Alan Furse