[Bell Historians] Llewellins and James

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Thu May 8 22:46:04 BST 2003

No, East Ardsley was not on the Midland Railway. It was on the Gt Northern.
However, the Midland line to Leeds was not very far away.

Lea, Wiltshire: only one bell out of the former 5 is now left in the tower
and this is definitely dated 1663. It is about 29 inches and I think was the
second of 5. I expect the 3rd of 5 was also dated 1663 but I did not look at
it very thoroughly when I took the photograph in George Massey's Frome
Deanery book in 1976. George Massey might know more. I was preoccupied with
the two bells of 1622 by Richard Purdue I.

Christopher Dalton