The first complete Whitechapel 'Simpson' peal

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Wed May 21 13:03:41 BST 2003

I meant to say in my previous, but quite forgot, that Alan Hughes
also told me that Whitechapel did a gradual cut-over from old-style
to true-harmonic as and when they got to redesign the strickles for a
particular size of bell. For a while, whether you got a true-h or an
old-style was a bit of a lottery.

As regards Brighton, 1913 seems far too early, I believe the correct
date is more like the mid-late 20's. Wargrave (1915) are decidedly
old-style.

However, enough speculation, I should deal in facts, not guesswork!

Bill H