Blews bells and Brmingham bells

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Thu May 22 20:40:20 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "cj_hustler"
<james.hustler at 1...> wrote:

> Perusing the Blackburn Diocese website, throws up another few
> possible contenders, but again I've no knowledge of any bells past
or
> present.
>
> St Margaret of Antioch, St Annes on Sea, (SD431395)
> St Anne, Greenlands, Poulton le Fylde, (SD326388)
> St Anne, Copp, Great Eccleston, (SD431395)
>
> and the unlikley
> St Anne, Fence in Pendle (SD824371) - nearer to Burnley than
> Blackburn, plus ISTR there's only a chime of 2 there.

Copp I understand has a single bell that has been replaced or rehung
in recent years(by Taylors).
Raymond Cayton has been to Fence(and done some work on the clock)
and told me there is only one unringable bell there of about 6cwt.
There are two unringable bells at Kelbrook near Colne,but they are
not by Blews.
Alan