[Bell Historians] 1851 census

the_mcwomble cairngorm at m...
Tue May 27 15:26:23 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "A Willis" <zen16073 at z...>
wrote:

> Used the disk for the 1851 census today. Only Devon , Norfolk and
> Warwick, are available for some reason,

The LDS used the results of the 1851 UK census for Devon, Norfolk &
Warwick shires to test and develop the software which they later "used
in anger" so to speak with the complete 1881 UK census.

It is the hope of many a genealogist that the other census' will be
completed, in fact I believe indexing of the 1891 census is in
progress.

Apologies to those who regard this as off-topic SPAM.