[Bell Historians] Interesting bells for sale on website

jwalton22rg je.walton at v...
Thu May 29 13:59:40 BST 2003

I rang in Leeds, Yorks until a couple of years ago and I seem to
recall there was some mystery surrounding a set of handbells which
were captured in a photograph, but whose whereabouts was unknown.

Andrew will certainly be able to confirm this. He may be off list,
or even out of town, as it's half term. David - is it worth posting
to the yacr list, if you haven't done so already?

In any case this seems the most likely source, given the date as
George pointed out. I think the church dates from the same era. It
seems very unlikely that the bells were given away or sold - this
could turn out to be a big find.

Well spotted - I will be following developments closely...
John